Voluntary Assessment and Payment Program (VAPP) for taxable year 2018
The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) issued Revenue Regulations 21-2020 on 4 September 2020 which prescribe the guidelines in implementing Voluntary Assessment and Payment Program.
The VAPP allows taxpayers to voluntarily pay their unpaid internal revenue tax liabilities–with or without an ongoing audit of or investigation into their finances– and those who do so will no longer be audited or investigated for 2018 for the tax types availed.
This program covers all internal revenue taxes due for the taxable year ending December 31, 2018, and for fiscal year 2018 ending on the last day of July 2018 to June 2019.
What you'll learn
Privilege of 'no audit' for 2018 Taxes
Who can avail and how to avail
- Who are Covered
- Who are Not Covered
- Period of Availment
- Mandatory Requirements
- BIR Form No. 2119 / No. 0622
- Additional Requirements
- Procedure for Availment
- Certificate of Availment
- Consequence of Non-Submission/Treatment of Invalid Availment
- Amounts to be Paid (Sec 9.a RR 21-2020)
- Illustration 1
- Illustration 2
- Amounts to be Paid (Sec 9.b RR 21-2020) with Illustration
- Amounts to be Paid (Sec 9.c RR 21-2020) with Illustration
- Privilege under VAPP
- Failure to File a Return/Cash Refund of Credit/Non-Admission of Fraud/Effectivity Date